Friday, December 2, 2011

Quilted Postcard

My Grandmother's friend recently sent me a pattern that I was having a hard time finding.  She also wrote a ton of notes on it!  She's too sweet!!!  =)  As a 'thank you' I made her a quilted postcard.  I actually used my scraps from all of the cutting work Mr. T did.  (Don't remember him?  Check out my postcard post.)


I'm happy with how it turned out, however the lady at the post office said it wasn't legal.  She was perfectly nice about it and said to mail it anyway and take a chance if I wanted.  She said a lot of them aren't trained as much as her and don't know that a postcard is supposed to be .007 of an inch thick.  All of the postcards I've sent have worked.  I really hope this one gets to her!!!!

1 comment:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I thought of you last night when we went to downtown Oswego for the Christmas walk. Someone had tissue covers for sale, and I'd finally read your post about them earlier in the day. I'll be at the sew in on Thursday, if you can make it.