Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pumpkin Table Runner ~ TOP done!

Well, I'm happy to report that at my CMQG quilt retreat (yeah, I know, I haven't talked about it AT ALL, ha!) I finished piecing the TOP of my Pumpkin Table Runner.  Remember my first post about the single block that I finished?  If not, click here!


I decided to make the runner 7 blocks long instead of 5.  I have a large dining room table, and I wanted it to work.


Yes, I'm showing you each individual block.  I love each and everyone of them!!!!


I wish you could see the beautiful color of my background fabric.  It's a tanish/creamy color with goldish music notes.  It's not as white as its showing up here.


I used 1 & 1/2" strips to make these log cabin blocks.  I cut A TON of them.  I have so many left over.  I cut so many because I was so excited about all the orange I had in my stash.... I think I'll have to make the back 1&1/2" strips!!!!


Isn't the little one so cute?  You should have seen my set up to "audition" all of the fabrics for their proper pumpkin placement... an orange mess!


I really had fun doing the pattern that the Plaid Scottie provided for free!!!  Check it out!


Oh, and there's the big block and two others... There's one more block hanging off the table.


And another picture to show that the blocks are sew together, I just couldn't get them all successfully into one picture.

The pumpkin size order in the runner is : Medium, Small, Medium, Large, Medium, Small, Medium.  I think it works!

I can't wait to finish this!!!  Any quilting ideas?? 

1 comment:

Alison V. said...

I love these! I especially like that they are different sizes and that background is perfection. :)