Thursday, October 27, 2011

My Very First Block Swap!

As I look through blogs in my reader I keep seeing these things called 'swaps'.  They sounded awesome, and I really wanted to get involved.  I did some research on flickr and decided to join a group!


The group is called NuBees and is for people that are new to swaps, etc.  It is a month to month commitment so you can come in and out.   I love having that flexibility!


Everyone in my Hive picked the colors they preferred for their projects.  I picked out the fabrics and then I choose the block pattern!


I randomly found a picture of this block online.  It had no instructions so I just made up some myself.  =)  I love pinwheels and this variation was too fun to pass up!


My Half Square Triangle math did make my head hurt a little bit, but all in all it worked.  I feel like I did it without wasting too much fabric!  I hope the recipients of these blocks like them!


I've received two of my five blocks and I LOVE THEM!  I can't wait to show them to you after they all arrive!

Do you swap?  What's your favorite type of swap/bee?

2 comments:

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

I haven't tried swapping yet. Looks like lots of fun, though. Your blocks are all great-love each one, but I esp. love that bicycle fabric. :o) I'm a new follower from the FNSI link. Love your bag and strap tutorial. That is a great way to make sturdy straps! Thanks for sharing it. Nice to *meet* you.
xo
Kelli

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice blocks. I've been in block exchanges with my quilt guild (Santa, in 2005 and this year, plus a flower block a few years ago). I've also been in exchanges with my treadle group.